Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lighten up? Seriously...


I just need to get something off my chest. I am a serious person. Plain and simple. If you're around me and you point at something - maybe a cat playing with a toy mouse or slobber-mouthed baby clapping his hands and grinning when you make goofy faces at him - and say something like, "Look! Logan! How cute!", you're probably not going to get the response out of me you'd want. I may even choose to completely ignore you. And random things that a lot of people find humorous or amusing, funny little coincidences like a wet squirrel or a half-eaten donut riding on top of some one's car, don't really pass as comedy for me. Don't get me wrong, I like to laugh from time to time, sometimes uncontrollably. I like to have fun and enjoy different forms of amusement. It's just a little harder for me. I guess it's about the different ways different people see the world. No doubt it's also about the different experiences people have. If you had the same experiences I had and if you saw the world the way I see it - a world of enslaved minds - maybe you'd be a little more serious, too.

I just had to get this off my chest. I'm not a party-pooper or anything. I'm just tired of people saying, "Lighten up, Logan!"

No comments:

Post a Comment