Tuesday, September 29, 2009

It happened again

It happened again. This morning I was getting dressed for school when I heard the 'text received' tone on my cell phone. Every time I hear that I have a text now, I can feel my heart rate go up, my heart pounding just a little harder in my chest, a slight chill creeping from the lower part of my back and radiating up into my skull and through my arms. When I picked up my cell from the dresser where it was plugged in, charging, my shirt only half on, I saw the following message,

logan. error. logan. input over. logan. distance read. logan. stop. logan. over output. stop. logan. stop. logan. end. end. end. logan. end.

Sender? 'Unknown', it said. I stood there for a moment, nervous as a hen, the phone sitting lightly in my sweaty palm, wondering if I should reply. It could have been a trap; I reply and they start tracking me. Maybe it was a message from someone trying to find and help me. Well, before I had a chance to take action, the phone's screen went blank, then black as the phone just went dead. All I could do was stare at it like a dummy.

This has happened a number of times. I can't be 100% sure it's them, but what would you think if you were me and you'd been through some of the same, uh, same stuff? Even though it scares me to death, it's starting to get just a little bit more annoying than scary. The phone shows some bizarre message without a sender, then completely dies without so much as a whimper. If I leave it alone for a while, it just comes back on on its own but with all of the information, numbers, addresses, emails, etc., completely erased. I rarely bother saving people's numbers anymore.

I asked my mom if I could get a new phone (as if that would help). If you're a kid and you've asked your parents for a new phone when your old one still had at least 50% functionality, you can guess how that went.




No comments:

Post a Comment