Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fragments

I am secretly writing this text-to-blog mobile message as I sit in the back of history class. It's grueling, one letter at a time as I feel around the keypad of my phone under my desk. My teacher is saying something about how Russians and Americans see the history of World War Two differently. The cute girl with the light brown hair slightly turns her head from time to time and sneaks a peak back at me with a grin on her face (at least, I tell myself that she's looking back at me when, in actuality, she probably has no idea I even exist). I can smell her mango watermelon body spray three desks back...

I'm off topic. I am writing this because I found something weird in my locker today at school. I didn't want to forget the details and so I had to pass this information on to you as soon as I could. Anyways, when I went to get my history book out of the locker before class, several fragments of a busted cell phone fell out and clattered on the floor around my feet. I don't know who's phone it was or where it came from. I just stood there, paralyzed, staring at the fragments on the floor.

The piece that used to be the screen shattered into several fragments. The blue plastic casing also broke into several smaller pieces. Little buttons with numbers from the keypad scattered over the floor. It was like someone smashed it up, then carefully placed it in my locker so it would fall out when I opened the door.

It could have been a joke one of the other kids pulled on me. When I used to try to warn them about the Polar Bear Project I was just asking to get picked on. Just start telling people you think someone is brainwashing everyone with radio waves and see what kind of pranks get pulled on you.

When I went to pick up the fragments, a single name flashed through my head:

Apollyon.

As I stared down at the fragments of the phone, I felt like someone was watching me.

The beast is aware of my actions. Does it matter if he knows I am writing this? Does it matter that he knows you are reading it? If they can truly listen to our thoughts and monitor our every action, is there any way we can stop them?

The teacher just gave me a look...

No comments:

Post a Comment