Thursday, September 24, 2009

Appearances


Believe it or not, I just now saw the Twilight movie for the first time (I know, I know, where have I been, right?) As entertained as I was, I'll have to wait for enough endorsements from enough people to take the time to read the books...

As I was watching the movie, though, it did make me think about some things, mainly appearances. You really can't tell much about a person just by considering their physical appearance. Appearances can, in fact, be misleading. Sometimes people dress a certain way because that's how they want people to see them, meanwhile hiding the kind of person they really are.

The only way you can really get to know a person is if you spend time with them. Listen to what they like to talk about (or not talk about), notice the decisions they make, notice what they laugh at, and how they like to spend their time.

Time. That's important. It takes time to get to know a person. I know it's a cliche, but never judge a book by it's cover. Take the time to open the book, read the text, examine the layers, make your judgement from the inside out.

My name is Logan...

No comments:

Post a Comment