Thursday, August 19, 2010

18 August 2010

Last night's dream. I woke up around 3 A.M and could not go back to sleep.

-----------------

I remember getting on a bus, sometime in the afternoon. The sky was overcast, grey, foreboding, and a light drizzle fell, just enough to dampen my jacket. I sat down on the first seat I came to and tried to use my cell phone to call Mark. when I pressed the call button, 'no signal' scrolled across the screen and figured it was because of the weather or maybe the bus was passing through a dead zone. After several attempts I looked up and noticed several people around me having the same problem.

After about ten minutes, the bus suddenly and violently stopped, causing the phone to fly out of my hand. After picking it up from under the seat in front of me I looked out the window and saw traffic jammed all around us. The traffic lights were out, and people were standing around their cars looking rather confused. Someone complained to the bus driver that 'it was his job to get us out of the traffic and to where we needed to go' the driver barked something in response about the radio system being down and that the bus was completely walled in by traffic.
I felt something was terribly wrong, but at that time I couldn't have imagined exactly how wrong things were. I looked down at my phone and saw that it had very little charge left. I turned it off to preserve what was left of the battery, though, for some reason, I felt like I would never need it again.

The ground under us began to rumble as from a distant explosion. The rain fell a little heavier. The driver calmly turned off the engine. Everyone on the bus sat and quietly waited.

No comments:

Post a Comment